Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Leftover Ground Beef Tacos made into Taco Pasta

I'm writing this from my phone app for the first time, so I apologize if there are a lot of mistakes.  I'm, also, making dinner as I type.  

So, you're here because you're curious about how I used my taco leftovers.  Perhaps a taco omelette?  No. Maybe tacos part deux?  No.  Well, I'll tell you... Taco Pasta!  Two of my favorite dishes mashed together to make one yummy leftover dinner.  I hope it ends up as tasty as it sounds!

Here's a lovely picture of my cold beef taco.  My gourmet version from your normal fast 30 minute dinner.  You know, when we just dump the pre-pack mix and sauce and throw on the toppings. Yesterday's late afternoon was used to cut up red, green, and jalapeño peppers, a white onion, plum tomatoes, cilantro, and a juicy lime.  All to accomplish the above picture.  The beef taco and homemade salsa/ pico de gallo. Yum!



To my chagrin, the avocados weren't ripe enough to use so I bought the closest to homemade I could.  It was tasty. It didn't have too much garlic which ruins most "freshly" packaged Mexican items. This guacamole had all the promise of homemade, but it had that chemical citrus taste of the asorbic acid. Boo!  Cutie-pie enjoyed it so that was good. 

1.   On goes the water for the pasta.  We like it al dente. 

2. Warm up the taco mixture in microwave



4. Chop the fresh cilantro. It's optional to use lettuce so chop that now if you'd like.

5.  Crush some Toritilla chips and/or tacos. 


6.  As you can see, the meat, fresh veggies, and tomatoes make a nice broth.  If I had bought chicken broth I'd use a little of it in this recipe and I'd warm it up in with the meat in the microwave. 



7.  Let my pasta (mixed with taco mixture) sit a bit.  I do around 5-10 minutes.  My logic is the same as cooked meat. It lets all the juices and flavor settle into to pasta dish. 



Yummy if I do say so myself. My tab for these two dinners was around $30. This did not include the chicken broth or the jarred salsa ( to add to the meat and fresh veggies & fresh pico de gallo.).   Yes a bit pricy but for a 3 person family with 2 lbs of ground beef but the fresh taste is worth it and 

Little  Cutie-pie loves to help out in the kitchen more and more. He's 6 so this is a great dinner for him "make."  He builds his tacos and now he can "build" his pasta, too



Of course, The Little One does not take the cilantro. Oh well, maybe next time?  He says, "my plate, your plate, Mommy."  LOL!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment