Thursday, December 18, 2014

Favorite Things: My new slow cooker from Hamilton Beach

Dinner made like Mom

My youth was spent at the dinner table eating overcooked… everything.  My mom loved her slow cooker.  She'd say it herself, cooking was definitely not her forté. We'd often have bbq / sloppy joe ground beef or sweet & sour chicken cooked so much it shredded into oblivion.  Thanks to our grandma the pot roast never made an appearance in the slow cooker.  Thank you Grandma for your monthly meals around your table that were tasty, slow, and filled with wonderful memories!  Now that I'm a mom myself, I understand the value of the slow cooker and Mom.  Unlike my mother, I love to cook when I'm not forced to make daily fast, quick, scheduled, boring dinners.  

I'm hoping the slow cooker has come a long way since the 70's and 80's.  One can only hope spring's eternal.  After a long time of wanting one, a generous Santa Claus sent me a Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget 6-QT Oval Programmable Slow Cooker. I must have been very good this year with my hostess skills!   If you follow me, all my end results are due to this brand and so far the results have been tasty and promising. 


Love the outcome so far.  Pretty.  But, a bit more labor intensive than I thought.  Need to brown meat & vegetables before adding to slow Hamilton Beach 6 QT slow cooker.






End result is a delicious tasty chuck roast with a  yummy broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment